It’s finally 2015! Whew, that’s gonna take a while to get used to..In 2014, I started to wear more makeup and experiment with more products. Today, I’m going to show you 14 things I really loved in 2014 and hopefully, you can try them out in 2015! 😀 Alright, lets dig in.
(For the prices, I put -ish after the prices because prices may vary within each store!)
1. Physicians Formula Super CC+ Color-correction + Care CC+ Powder SPF 30 ($13.99): I used this as a powder to set my foundation. To me, it worked…like a powder (haha). I didn’t really see any color correcting effects but it could be because the foundation already covered up any blemishes or pigmentation.
2. Olay Regenerist micro-sculping cream moisturizer (about $28.99): I may still be young, but I really love this moisturizer. I was home for break and I had run out of my moisturizer so my mom let me borrow hers. This moisturizer made my skin feel tighter in a good way. I like to joke around and ask my mom if I look 30 years younger. haha but this is one of the things I will repurchase.
3. NYX Matte Bronzer ($8.99) in medium: I have been using this since 2013. Err..maybe I should have switched it out by now but I just really love this product. A little goes a long way so you only have to dab your brush in for a little. I love all matte things because I feel like shimmer is too much for everyday wear.
4. Ecotools brushes ($10.49-$11.99): I decided to put these two brushes into one category because I frequently use them together. The first one is the Bamboo Powder Brush ($10.49). The bristles are really soft and it applies my powder pretty well. The other is the Bamboo bronzer brush ($11.99). This brush is the perfect size for my face when it is used to apply bronzer. Like the powder brush, the bristles are soft and easily blends in the bronzer into the rest of my face makeup.
5. Revlon Colorstay Makeup for combination/oily skin ($12.99-ish): This foundation is a favorite among many YouTubers I’ve watched over the past years. It was about time for a new foundation, so I decided to pick this one up. I love it. It makes my face look so nice and it really stays on all day. By the way, this is a full coverage foundation.
6. Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid-Touch Foundation ($9.99-ish): I reach for this foundation a lot too. It is lightweight on the skin and when you apply it, it has a powder finish. It makes my skin feel soft. In my opinion, it is a medium coverage foundation and it blends it quite well. It has a strange applicator, but I use my hands to put on foundation anyways.
7. Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color in Touch of Spice 660 ($7.99-ish): I love how matte lip colors look but not on me. However, I decided to try out this line of matte lipsticks and I fell in love. It is moisturizing and has nice pigmentation to it.
8. Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color in Plum Perfect 435 ($7.49-ish): When fall came around, I wanted to try going for a darker lip color. I was searching around for a dark red…maybe a little hint of purple. I looked through several makeup stands and found this one. It is moisturizing and has no taste to it. It is very pigmented too.
9. Nyx Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Tea Rose ($4.99-ish): This lip gloss was a spontaneous buy. I’m not much of a lip gloss gal but I wanted to try one out. And boy boy boy, I am glad I tried it. This lip gloss is not sticky which means, my hair won’t get stuck onto my lips! (yay!) It is moisturizing and has great pigmentation to it. Plus, it’s also very affordable.
10. C.O Bigelow Lavender Salve ($___?): This Lavender Salve can be used on the lips, face, cuticles, elbows and knees. I used it mostly on my lips. My lips are often chapped and chapped lips are a no no. I always put some on before I begin to put on my makeup so my lips are moisturized when I want to put on lipstick. I got this a while back at Bath and Body Works. I’m not sure if this was a limited edition product but I couldn’t find it on the internet. However, they still make the Rose Salve ($5.50).
11. Maybelline Rocket Volume Express Waterproof Mascara ($7.49): This is one of my favorite mascaras of all time. It really holds the curl and doesn’t clump. It has a slight scent to it. The only problem with this mascara is that it is really hard to remove. I have to rub my eyes with make up remover in order to remove it. Even with that, I still see mascara smudged on my under eye area.
12. Maybelline The Nudes Palette ($9.99): I don’t usually wear eyeshadow but I like to experiment with them. I have heard great things about this palette and I had to get my hands on it. The colors are really pigmented but great for everyday wear! It would look great on all skin tones!
13. Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion ($20.00): I never really used a eyeshadow primer because it was quite expensive. But one day, I decided to give in and pick up a tube. The primer helped enhance the colors of the eyeshadows and helped them stay on longer. At the end of the day, my eyeshadow would still be on my eye and not anywhere else!
14. Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner ($9.99-ish): I love this eyeliner! It glides on smoothly especially with the brush that it comes with. It doesn’t fade out throughout the day… it kind of just stays there. The downside about this eyeliner is that the eyeliner itself dries out pretty quickly. I haven’t had it for very long but it seems to be a bit dry.
Welp, those are my 14 favorite products of 2014! I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you ever try these out! Hope you had a wonderful New Years day!
Thank you for reading this blog post,
❤ , Tiff
Here’s a corgi gif cause …why not? 😀
Where to find meh ❤ :