I love french fries. I crave them all day errday and I can’t go to a fast food chain and not get french fries. I’m such a fatty haha! But french fries can get pricey and super unhealthy considering all the chemicals they add. Lets not forget the oil they fry it in, YUCK. So, here is a french fry recipe that I found on the inter webs with my own little twist. These are BAKED, not fried but they’re still just as tasty!
What you will need:
- Russet potatoes (1 was plenty for me but # of potatoes depends on how much you want to make)
- 1/4 cup Olive oil or canola oil (I used Olive)
- Garlic Salt
- Salt & Pepper
- Baking sheet
- Preheat le oven to 450 degrees!
- Cut up the potatoes into “matchsticks” by halving, halving again and then wedging it. Finally, cut it into strips. (I struggled with this part but I just tried to make it look like a fry from McDonald’s lol)
- Line two baking sheet with foil then place the potato strips onto the baking sheet.
- Generously drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and toss! Add a little bit of salt.
- Arrange the potato strips with a single layer on the baking sheet and make sure none of them touch. (this will help them cook evenly and get all crispy and yummy!)
- Bake the fries for about 30 minutes or until they’re golden brown.
- Take em out of the oven, careful! They’re hot!
- Shake some garlic salt and pepper on them to your liking and ENJOY <
These fries remind me of the fries from Wingstop lol but without the sweetness from the sugar. Try them out if you’d like and let me know what you think of this recipe!
Potatoez fo lyfe ❤
Have a beautiful day and I will talk to you soon!